Minutes - September 2015
This is the first of our Chairman Reports which will be published on the website along with accompanying minutes of the meeting each time the committee meet.
- On the 1st July, Bob, Adam, Frank and I spent a productive day clearing the grounds at the rear of the village hall in preparation for Frank to dig a trench.
- Mrs Seabrook has been contacted about the dead trees adjacent to the hall and she has in turn contact an tree surgeon to cut down the trees.
- The Stage One Application bid to the Big Lottery Fund was successful.
- The external decoration to the hall is completed and final cost was £2,200 which was £100 over estimate as some woodwork needed replacing and there were one or two other minor repairs carried out.
- The new attic door is now in place.
- The Summer social held on 10th July went very well with lots of great feedback on the entertainment and food.
- SW highways have been considerate enough to give us a scalpin drop of free of charge when the work gang is next in the area. Mr Martin has offered to distribute the scalpins and I have arrange for SW highways to roll the first car park for us.
Minutes from this meeting are avaliable here
Sue H, Frank M, Bob, Adam L & Paul H clearing the overgrowth around the village hall.